Sunday, February 21, 2010

Faux Grilled BACON WRAPPED PINEAPPLE - Everything's Better with Bacon Part 2

I stole this idea from THE NOBLE PIG blog. It might have just been a toss away line when she mentioned it, but I had pineapples, and I had bacon in the fridge, so I figured why not???

And I am so glad I did...

Salty and sweet, bacon and juicy... What's not to love?

I would have made this on the grill, but it is just too cold and nasty in the states (As you read this, i am waking up to my first morning as a resident of the US Virgin Islands!). SO, I faux grilled this in the oven, using the broiler setting.

And, it is very easy...

Mise en Place...

Pineapple, cut into 1 inch square tubes
bacon
some cinnamon sugar

Wrap the bacon around the pineapple and skewer. Faux grill them by suspending the skewers between the sides of a casserole dish, set your broiler. Cook on each side til the bacon is done.

And serve with Catfish and Sour Cream Cornbread!

Come back tomorrow and start living the Island Lifestyle with me!

13 comments:

  1. Oh yum! We love to grill pineapple - adding bacon is genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That is a great frigging idea, I'm totally making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I am SO jealous that you are actually there! Congrats and happy grilling! If you want a Cajun house guest, just let me know! The recipe is "to die for", cher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! I am so excited for you. Looking forward to those USVI posts. I bet you are loving the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at bacon wrapped, but add pineapple and cinnamon, I must be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - everything is better with bacon!!! Glad you guys made it down there safe - we are expecting up to 12 inches of snow tonight, so to say I am a tad jealous of where you live now, it would be an understatement!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it and if it sounds too wonderful maybe my husband and I will finally get the urge to make that big move out of the country as well.

    This looks so yummy. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes! I can see how I would love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new digs! Hope you enjoy it - you probably picked the best time of year to relocate:) I love your dedication to the art of bacon - **sigh** there's just nothing else quite like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got me on bacon overload! Hope you're acclimating to your new climate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~Both decent bacon and affordable pineapple are not easy to find here....
    I'll just wait to see your new life as a bach bum..... (not jealous, no, not me, not jealous)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great idea! pineapple and pork were made for each other!

    ReplyDelete