Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Praise and Thanks to - MY TASTY TREASURE

OK, those of you that already know are laughing just at the idea of me (50's ish, Elvis and Sinatra lover, Show Tunes singer, occasional poster about church happenings, Cul de Sac suburban dwelling more Ward Cleaver than Ozzie Osborn) reviewing this Internet masterpiece. But I love her writing, her blog and on occasion, I get all the way to her recipes... But I am ahead of myself. First some bookkeeping details...

In yesterday's comment section of my review of BUTTER MY KITCHEN, RDOwens gave me some information I did not know. Apparently people who have blog services other than Blogger are not able to "follow" a blog (be listed). I did not know that, and if anyone has a way for me to see everyone that follows me, I would love to hear about it.

BUT, please, let me know you are out there. If you have me on your blogroll, but are not able to follow me, let me know. I want to know who reads this stuff, and what type of people think i am worth a second look (or god willing, a daily look). Drop me a comment, and put a link to your blog. I am always looking for a new favorite.

OK... Here's my blogger of the day post... Another day went by, and no new followers (that box in the center sidebar with all the little faces) signed up to take a look at my blog. That's a terrible thing for my ego, but a great opportunity to recognize a blogger that was following me before I started this series. Eventually, I plan to introduce all my followers to you all. I will post about the new ones signing up as they sign up, but every chance I get (when no one new likes me), I will get to revisit some old friends...

But, here is my guilty little pleasure... A guilty secret, MY TASTY TREASURE is the blog that I am most happy to see has a new posting. Shhhh, our secret, don't tell my wife.

You can find her blog by clicking HERE. She is on my blogroll, as I want to check her out with each new post. And I am not alone. She has 288 followers... Yeap, humble yourself before her, as I am not alone in wanting to follow and check in on her. She is very popular. Each post gets from 50 to 100 comments. I am told that the ratio is about 1 in 10. 1 comment for every 10 looky loos. I have no trouble believing that in the year that she has been blogging, she has convinced 1,000 people or more to drop in on her daily.

And here's why...

In each of her posts, she has terrific recipes. Very detailed, with lots of photos and easy to follow instructions. her cooking is beautiful and I can envision making just about every item she blogs about. But, I suspect that it is her introductions, and not her food that make her so popular...

Her introductions are all adult content, with a wicked sense of humor. YOU WILL SMILE at her posts. And really, don't we all want to smile every day! Here's what little ol' Ward Cleaver ish Me read about recently...
  • traditional Nuns vs slutty Nuns and the priests they love (illustrated)
  • Her brother-in-laws' email to her husband with a tag line about swallowing (not cookies), and enjoying or not; someone placing body parts where god did not intend em (although since they do fit, maybe in God's divine plan he did intend em...But I digress)
  • lesbian fantasies and she revealed the contents of her treasure chest (I only have a back corner of one drawer, and she has a whole locker full)
  • The scruffiness of Mathew McConahay (I know it is not spelled right, but I didn't want to take time to Google it, and I would need to be able to spell it to google it anyway), Brad Pitt and George Clooney; and her thighs.
  • the drool worthy men in her life... UPS delivery guy, her kids principal, the Butcher, the doctor, the lawn guy, the cop walking the beat, her pool guy. Although her photos make me think of the village people, and I suspect more than one of these guys would rather spend the day with her firefighter husband than Ms (she is married, so MRS) Tasty Treasures).,, But I digress
  • and her birthday gift of a game of strip chocolate checkers... And that's just her last 6 posts... imagine what is deep inside her ramblings...
Her blog reminds me of that mediocre musical and really mediocre movie, "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas". Once you make the commitment to attend, you better not complain about the morality. If you go to a musical with whorehouse in the title, don't expect Oklahoma. If, with fair warning, you decide to check out MY TASTY TREASURE, don't complain about morality. As Dolly sings... it's just a "Little Bitty Pissant Country Place" with nothin dirty goin on.



There you go Donna (author of My Tasty Treasure), my gift to you, if you chose to accept it, your very own theme song. Change the words just a smidgen,
"It's Just a Little Bitty Pissant Foodie Blog"

This is her animated GIF she has at the top of her site... Red pumps and a banana on her cut off shirt. Somebody who writes better than me needs to analyze this image she has of herself. Something deep and psychological going on, but my head hurts thinking about that stuff, I leave the interpretation of her self image to you... If you can't have fun with Donna, fair warning, stay away. But fair warning, if you want to have a smile every once in awhile, stop by her place...

BUT... I don't want to leave you with the impression that she is just a dirty joke blog. She is a cook, and she is a great blogger about cooking food. Every post has a story, but every post also has a recipe. One that she OBVIOUSLY really makes. She provides clear instructions, with LOTS and I do MEAN LOTS of photographs. If you like something she posts, even a kitchen novice like me can follow and repeat her recipes...

Here's the food that went along with the "Nothin Dirty Goin on" stories I listed above...

Pierogi Lasagna


Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bars


Chocolate Caramel Cookies aka Rolo Cookies


Sausage, Peppers, and Onion Hoagies


Pigs Pickin Cake.. Mandarin Orange Cake


Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake


Pineapple Pecan Cake with Thick Cream Cheese Frosting


Zucchini Crescent Pie

The girl has foodie chops! So, if you want to justify a dirty little secret sin, go check out her recipes. But if you want to find lots of good will, and maybe one small thrill, go check out...

My tasty Treasure
You can find her blog by clicking HERE.

*****************
I have said it before, and I will say it again... I LOVE Blogging and Bloggers. Having followers is a great way to let me know that you are out there. My blog improves with each new follower. I feel a connection, as well as an obligation to be witty, entertaining, informative, accurate and consistent. Knowing that I am being looked at makes me a better blogger and I hope you will be patient as I continue to improve. Looking at all these terrific sites shows me how far I have to come, but gives me great ideas from everyone!

Take a look at these guys. If you like what they have to say, come back for more. Drop em a note (comment) of encouragement. Newer bloggers need to know someone is out there, and older bloggers need fresh blood to feed on, let em know you were directed to their site from me and you may make a new cyber friend too.

And if you regularly check in on me, go ahead and join my followers list/ Plug me in your blogroll and let me know you are there. I want to see what you are all about too...


R, CAG and G... Good Talk... But i need a cigarette ;)

5 comments:

  1. Donna is one of my MUST READS every day! I love her blog to death and love the mixture of sex & food. She's just awesome and I've made several of her recipes & they're always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Donna's recipes. Each one is a sure-fire (no pun intended as she is the FFW, fire-fighter's wife!) winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Donna, we all love her to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dave.. Such wonderful things you say:) Im blushing..you are a sweetie..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna is a hoot. While most of the time my jaw is dropped reading her posts, she always manages to make me smile. And if I were to guess what kind of a person she is, I would have to say that I bet she is real sweet.

    ReplyDelete