Friday, October 2, 2009

Praise and Thanks to - ADVENTURES WITH THE WOODS

OK, great news and bad news...

First the bad news, well, first the great news about the bad news... I have a new follower )those little boxes of faces in the center column sidebar. I love having followers, and I am thrilled when that number ticks up a little. Makes me realize that real people are out there, and makes me try just a little harder.

But the bad news about the great news of a new follower is that I can't find him (her). I need some help...

BRANNON MOORE, who uses that interesting (borderline creepy) avatar of a slightly balding guy with glasses peering over the bottom of the photo,

decided to follow my blog. I appreciate to no end those that think I am worth looking in on, and I would like to get to know her (him). But, I can't find a reference to Her/im... Brannon, do you have a blog, let me know, I want to see who you are. Does anyone know BRANNON MOORE? Any clues to who he/she is? Let me know.

BUT the really great news is that I was able to track down a follower that much like Brannon, I was not able to find their corner of the world wide web - SHELLY W has finally surfaced. I spent hours of research time, contacted the FBI and finally Interpol when the feds couldn't help. That DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER guy gave me a few leads that I was in the middle of tracking when SHELLY W herself contacted me. Should have been a little more patient, as I got a very nice message from her.

SHELLY W
owns and operates a wonderful little blog called ADVENTURES WITH THE WOODS, which you can find by clicking HERE. Her site features Fun, Food and other Random Crap (her words). She belongs to the "I heart COOKING CLUBS club", and owns a compete set of pasta making equipment (drooool). She also makes a lot of bread, and has even posted her successful attempt at making sourdough rye bread from her own starter. That takes WEEKS of effort and planning to make two loaves. I love her bread recipes and photos. I even found an onion and pepper Fugassa bread recipe I am hoping to find time to make this week. Sounds GREAT, and looks better...



There is a couple of things I always look for in a blog that I can't find on her sidebar... I don't know how long she has been blogging, cause she doesn't have her archive listed. She also doesn't have a labels section that is very handy to find links to former glories. I like all of her postings, her recipes are very clear and her final products pictures are absolutely worthy of praise. Those little extras are ways to brag, show of a bit girlfriend, and make it easier for us to steal from you. You are very much steal worthy!

She also does not have a profile up. Is she an 18 year old trying to out cook her mother, or a grandmother trying to keep her mind active (like me...the active mind part, not the grandmother part)? We don't know, but would welcome learning more.

She did win an award that asked her to list 7 things about herself... She is a funny, married, procrastinating redhead who loves Halloween, Snoopy, Candy corn and the UK. My kind of blogger buddy... Thanks for joining Shelly. And everyone else, click HERE and take a look at her stuff... It's worth a look.

*****************
I have said it before, and I will say it again... I LOVE Blogging and Bloggers. Having followers is a great way to let me know that you are out there. My blog improves with each new follower. I feel a connection, as well as an obligation to be witty, entertaining, informative, accurate and consistent. Knowing that I am being looked at makes me a better blogger and I hope you will be patient as I continue to improve. Looking at all these terrific sites shows me how far I have to come, but gives me great ideas from everyone!

Take a look at these guys. If you like what they have to say, come back for more. Drop em a note (comment) of encouragement. Newer bloggers need to know someone is out there, and older bloggers need fresh blood to feed on, let em know you were directed to their site from me and you may make a new cyber friend too.

And if you regularly check in on me, go ahead and join my followers list/ Plug me in your blogroll and let me know you are there. I want to see what you are all about too...

R, CAG and G... Good Talk

5 comments:

  1. Great post! Shelly is a great & supportive blog friend and I'm so glad to have met her.

    FYI, some people don't want a lot of info out on the net, so they might not want to share personal information in their profiles. Also, Shelley uses WordPress, so it's a bitt of a different set-up (I'm switching my WC blog over to WP, and let me tell you, it's VERY different).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a trip to Shelly's blog, she's got a great one dish chicken recipe that's up now. Looks very good. LOL about FBI,Interpol and the Bounty Hunter. too funny.

    She's on wordpress, like me. I can't figure out how to add labels either. Sounds like a good "pain killer induced" afternoon project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dave! I'm so honored to receive a shout out from such an awesome blogger as you! Your kind words and suggestions are much appreciated. You'll have to try the Fugassa bread cause it was amazing. You've definitely been added to my blogroll, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slightly balding, I will cop to. But borderline creepy? Man, that stings. ;)

    Yes, it's me. The new follower who piqued your curiosity is none other than myself, FoodNinja, and writer of the "Cooking the Food of Love" blog. Which you commented on a day or two ago.

    I'm happy to quickly close the circle of curiosity for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bread looks fabulous. I live within reasonable driving distance of King Arthur Flour so their products and recipes hold very special appeal to me. I've bookmarked the recipe to try. Looks too good to pass up.

    ReplyDelete