Friday, October 9, 2009

Praise and Thanks to - DATE NIGHT DOINS

Another day went by, and no new followers (that box in the center sidebar with all the little faces) signed up to take a look at my blog. That's a terrible thing for my ego, but a great opportunity to recognize a blogger that was following me before I started this series. Eventually, I plan to introduce all my followers to you all. I will post about the new ones signing up as they sign up, but every chance I get (when no one new likes me), I will get to revisit some old friends...

And BTW, yesterday I was hoping that twp new followers that I do not recognize, nor have easy access to their blogs joined. I would still like to find them. So if you know, or if you are "Rick" or "Larry", drop me a comment so I can see what you are all about... And now I need to add EVERYDAYWINEGIRL to the list of followers that I can't find their blogs... HELP, let me know who you are? I want to see your blogs too.

*****************
Today I am VERY excited to introduce a fellow griller, smoker and a HAPPILY MARRIED GUY WHO COOKS (although he does not belong to the club, maybe he should click HERE to find out what the HAPPILY MARRIED GUYS WHO COOK CLUB is all about... But I digress).

DATE NIGHT DOINS BBQ FOR TWO
is a perfect fit with me. He grills and smokes almost every post (love it). He shares cooking duties with his wife (who cooked him an amazing garlic pie I will tell you about later), and he is unashamedly in love with his wife as he states in his "what we are about" section of his blog, "DATE NIGHT AT OUR HOUSE IS SPECIAL..."

Got to be honest, I enjoy looking at all those sweets you ladies put up on your blogs. You make your stuff look so pretty and inviting... But girls, there is nothing prettier in the world than this...

Spareribs, Chicken, Beans, GARLIC PIE and yes, a second pot of beans! Someday we will meet and have a bean off throwdown... Mine is pretty good, so good I often make a second pot just for a week's worth of leftover too.

And here's that shot of the Garlic Pie (bacon, onion, cheese, buttermilk... and um, one other ingredient, can't think... wait, on the tip of my tongue... I know
GARLIC

Here's his anniversary dinner Ken made for his wife Patty... Steak, Lobster, roasted garlic, and a CHIPOTLE BACON TWICE BAKED TATER! Too bad he's married, I think I am in love!

I do think it is a law that if you buy a grill or smoker, at some point you must shove a can of beer up it's arse... But even this has a certain dignity!

He is more than just tossing meat on a grill. he has terrific recipes for all his side dishes, uses rubs and sauces in a way that you want to duplicate. HE HAS GRILL CHOPS and I will be repeating (stealing) several of his recipes soon,

If you like my site, you will like Ken's, He cooks real food, from the grill and he enjoys life. But, from now on, I will only think of him as Iron Guts. I have done several posts recently about making my own rub. I have enjoyed all that I made, and can find a special purpose for all of them... from sweet to spicy to unusual (Chinese 5 spice)... Except one. I got hold of a recipe for HOT habanero pepper rub that I was not able to stand at all. Just the smell made me nearly pass out (although my sinuses were clear for two weeks). I made a small steak with a bit of it on (just a tiny bit) and it really did interfere with my enjoyment of the meat... too hot. Ken and I had exchanged a few comments and emails, and like I said, I love his site, his story and his cooking. I read that he enjoys hot. I offered to mail him what I had not used. He is shortly going to put a post up about what he did with the inedible rub... Ol' Iron Guts and Mrs. Iron Guts loved it. But I will let him tell that story with his own post...

If you are a griller, smoker or just like to see pictures of men and their meat... Date Night Doins is the place for you. Click HERE and take a look at his stuff. Tell him weenie tongue Dave sent you.

*****************
I have said it before, and I will say it again... I LOVE Blogging and Bloggers. Having followers is a great way to let me know that you are out there. My blog improves with each new follower. I feel a connection, as well as an obligation to be witty, entertaining, informative, accurate and consistent. Knowing that I am being looked at makes me a better blogger and I hope you will be patient as I continue to improve. Looking at all these terrific sites shows me how far I have to come, but gives me great ideas from everyone!

Take a look at these guys. If you like what they have to say, come back for more. Drop em a note (comment) of encouragement. Newer bloggers need to know someone is out there, and older bloggers need fresh blood to feed on, let em know you were directed to their site from me and you may make a new cyber friend too.

And if you regularly check in on me, go ahead and join my followers list/ Plug me in your blogroll and let me know you are there. I want to see what you are all about too...


R, CAG and G... Good Talk.

4 comments:

  1. Wowza! That is a grill full of food, alright!! Delish...and I enjoy having garlic on the tip of my tongue :D I'll have to go pay him a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll need a bigger grill soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought *I* wrote long posts... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Ken & Patti~! GREAT blog here, good stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete