Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween in the Cul de Sac

There is a special place in purgatory reserved
for people who dress up their cats.

Lots of pictures coming, but short "Dick and Jane" captions...

My normally calm passive fat cat Eng, shows how happy he is with a full display of claws flared

So we took off the hat and had to split his old costume in order to make him a pumpkin. Sigh, I can relate.

Chang and Eng, a pumpkin and a bee! And additional time in purgatory for me.

One happy family! Eng hangs his head in shame, and Chang curses me and my children's children.

And then we set up in the driveway, Eng was sick of it all, and we let him escape to the safety of under the bed, Chang helped hand out treats. My wife was in charge of candy, and Chang and I handed out the bling (Those little glow stick necklaces that make the kiddies safe).

You will have forgotten her, but this is my neighbor Kylie, who loved my Chocolate covered bacon.
And this is Kylie's dog HERCULES. At least Jackie and I will have friends and neighbors in that special corner of purgatory.

My favorite costume of the night, as one of our neighbors has had a series of surgeries over the last year, She had to come as a patient, while her husband came as the doctor... Devil is in the details, heavily padded butt showing through the open back robe, and the catheter bag filled with (she claimed, apple juice). Good humor on the street! And it was great to see her so happy and healthy and HAVING FUN after the long difficult year they have had.

Anyone want to see a post about my talented wife's homemade cheesecake with lemon and orange zest she made for the neighbors post trick or treater weenie roast???

This was a great night all around. I love my neighborhood, and you'll hear more about that night tomorrow!

18 comments:

  1. Oh what FUN !!!! Its so great when everyone takes some effort to wear unique costumes...such cute cats too...me a dog person...but these fellas are just adorable...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i just love those cats and the doggy ! And of course that beautiful blonde little girl too !
    We only had 2 children come at our door.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, let me catch my breath. I am screaming with laughter about the cats. It's just so wrong, but so doggone funny.

    Your neighbors are good sports to dress up. The little girl is precious!

    Would love to see your beloved wife's recipe for cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I'm laughing so hard at those cat pictures. I'll see you in purgatory as I dress up my dogs. I used to have a cat that looked just like Eng. I loved that cat. and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that hospital gown costume. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitty pics are so hilarious and cute. Looks like ya'll had a great time. And I would love the recipe for that cheesecake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure that your cats are now conspiring against you. Be careful around the house:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dare you to try and dress my Airedale in an outfit...She would make sure your next book would be titled "How To Eat With A Hook"....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like some Halloween fun was had by all - well almost all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, I love Chang and Eng! How utterly adorable they are! I bet they were so happy once you removed their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Juno would never forgive me if I dressed her up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does sound like you had a fantastic time. Re: costumes for pets. Our Lola gives us "the I dare you look" every Halloween. She's ballistic under the best of circumstances and hides for 3 days after our Halloween festivities are over. She doesn't like to share us with the infidels at the door.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun Halloween! My cats would kill me if I tried to put costumes on them...doesn't stop me from entertaining the thought...but alas, I never have, LOL!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not going to show my kitties those pictures because they would be outraged.

    Love the ladies costume.

    And yes, please, on the cheesecake recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha, your poor cats! My husband has a no clothes on the dog rule, or poor Oskar would have been in a ridiculous costume, too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! See you in purgatory! And can't wait to see you at our Krazy Kitchen too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great time in the cul-de-sac! Your fur-babies look mildly amused...
    I dedicated my Monday Mosaic to you.

    ~Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all, I would love to see a post about cheesecake.

    Second of all, looks like you guys had a great Halloween! I love all of the costumes.

    ReplyDelete