OK, for those paying attention...
Yesterday I posted a pizza recipe. It was not a part of the PIZZA 2011 PROJECT (like today's pizza is). Yesterday's post was almost an exact copy of my Pepperoni Pizza recipe that has already been posted. Since the project is to make 52 different pizzas in a year, the stunt of a shaped crust does not justify a repeat. But it does justify a look at the post (click HERE).
I mean come on... Heart shaped Pepperoni on a heart shaped pizza. Combine that with today's heart shaped dessert pizza and you have a...
Valentine's Day !!!
So, today I submit my dessert pizza. Heart shaped to celebrate the season. Some might not consider this a pizza at all, but under the rules of the PIZZA 2011 PROJECT (Crust, Sauce and topping)... Of course this is a Pizza!
So, let's get to it, Here's what I did...
Crust (Shhhh, Don't tell anyone, it's really a cookie)
1 stick of butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup Flour
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
Sauce (and keep this under your hat, it's a sweet cheese)
8 ounces Mascarpone Cheese
2 TBS Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Sauce Number 2 (easy strawberry jelly)
6 Strawberries, stems removed (I used the strawberries that had flaws so the nice looking presentation berries would be used for the topping)
1 TBS Sugar
1 tsp Cornstarch
a Dozen Strawberries, stemmed and cut in halved
Topping Number 2 (Easy Chocolate drizzle)
3 ounces White Chocolate
2 TSP Heavy Cream
- Mix the Crust ingredients together. You will need to do a final knead by hand to get it to look like dough.
- Form into the shape of a Heart with a lip around the edges
- Bake on a silicone pad (or parchment paper) at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, allow to cool
- Whisk together the ingredients in the Sauce (number 1)
- Spread the mascarpone whisk around the entire pizza.
- Combine the ingredients in Sauce number 2 in a mini chopper and blend (blender works fine for this as well)
- Spread this over the cheese.
- Arrange the strawberry halves over the strawberry sauce
- in the microwave, flash the chocolate and cream for 30 seconds
- Mix. If it needs additional heat, flash for only 10 seconds at a time. Continue to mix between each flashing
- Drizzle over the top of the strawberries
I want to thank Leigh Anne from YOUR HOME BASED MOM for the basic idea for this adaptation for this recipe. You can see her original post buy clicking HERE.
Hope your Valentines treat you well today!