Monday, February 14, 2011

I HEART Strawberry Dessert Pizza



OK, for those paying attention...


Yesterday I posted a pizza recipe.  It was not a part of the PIZZA 2011 PROJECT (like today's pizza is).  Yesterday's post was almost an exact copy of my Pepperoni Pizza recipe that has already been posted.  Since the project is to make 52 different pizzas in a year, the stunt of a shaped crust does not justify a repeat.  But it does justify a look at the post (click HERE).


I mean come on... Heart shaped Pepperoni on a heart shaped pizza.  Combine that with today's heart shaped dessert pizza and you have a...


Happy

Valentine's Day  !!!


So, today I submit my dessert pizza.  Heart shaped to celebrate the season.  Some might not consider this a pizza at all, but under the rules of the  PIZZA 2011 PROJECT (Crust, Sauce and topping)... Of course this is a Pizza!


So, let's get to it, Here's what I did...


Crust (Shhhh, Don't tell anyone, it's really a cookie)


1 stick of butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup Flour
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar


Sauce (and keep this under your hat, it's a sweet cheese)


8 ounces Mascarpone Cheese
2 TBS Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla


Sauce Number 2 (easy strawberry jelly)


6 Strawberries, stems removed (I used the strawberries that had flaws so the nice looking presentation berries would be used for the topping)
1 TBS Sugar
1 tsp Cornstarch


Topping 


a Dozen Strawberries, stemmed and cut in  halved


Topping Number 2 (Easy Chocolate drizzle)


3 ounces White Chocolate 
2 TSP Heavy Cream

  • Mix the Crust ingredients together.  You will need to do a final knead by hand to get it to look like dough.
  • Form into the shape of a Heart with a lip around the edges
  • Bake on a silicone pad (or parchment paper) at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, allow to cool
  • Whisk together the ingredients in the Sauce (number 1)
  • Spread the mascarpone whisk around the entire pizza.
  • Combine the ingredients in Sauce number 2 in a mini chopper and blend (blender works fine for this as well)
  • Spread this over the cheese.
  • Arrange the strawberry halves over the strawberry sauce
  • in the microwave, flash the chocolate and cream for 30 seconds
  • Mix.  If it needs additional heat, flash for only 10 seconds at a time.  Continue to mix between each flashing
  • Drizzle over the top of the strawberries
And Viola...



I want to thank Leigh Anne from YOUR HOME BASED MOM for the basic idea for this adaptation for this recipe.  You can see her original post buy clicking HERE.




Hope your Valentines treat you well today!
...

13 comments:

  1. What a fun project! So glad you enjoyed the strawberry pizza

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love this! (Great minds think alike. I'm working on a dessert pizza, too. I can't imagine mine looking as wonderful as yours!!) Happy Valentine's Day to you and Jackie! XOXOXO

    ~ Cleo Coffeehouse Mystery.com
    Cleo Coyle on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute is this?! Happy Valentine's Day Dave and Jackie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dave, Happy Valentine's Day to you and Jackie! Your Strawberry Dessert Pizza sounds wonderful. I bet it tasted great. I hope that you have a wonderful Valentine's Day...filled with LOVE and HAPPINESS....(to quote Al Green)...Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should I ever find myself with a valentine ever again, I am directing him to your blog. You've got some beautiful ideas.

    Happy V Day to you and Jackie, Dave!

    Also in response to your comment. Agreed on the windex...I just wasn't really thinking or channeling My Big Fat Greek Wedding this morning. And I have given up 99.9% of my drinking. mostly because I want to drop some weight and because it's not really conducive to marathon training.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strawberry heart pizza, not that is tops on this day. Very romantic! Love that sweet cream hiding out in there. Oh and using a 1M pastry bag tip, anyone can pipe like a pro, that's why I like it so much. You won't believe this, but those 1 dozen cupcakes went for $65! I could not believe it, but I guess in the good name of charity anything goes. Have a grrreat night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for the special occasion. I love dessert pizza and chocolate and strawberries go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute, plus how could you not love a sweet cheese sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heart shapped pepperoni? Now that is gong the extra mile for your valentine! Both look soooo good! Thanka for stopping by too and lettin me know yer alive and regular! ~wink~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that looks gorgeous. It sounds like you had a happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find your comments always to be fun and I look forward to them as I enjoy your sense of humor. Very touching story about your Mom. I lost mine 2 years ago and I also remember my movie nights.

    I am wondering why I cannot receive your post as I do others by e-mail What am I doing wrong.

    Let me know.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Valentine's Day treat. Never seen a sweet pizza before but I'm sure it tasted just as good as a savoury one! Lucky Jackie again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I certainly would love to have a slice of that. It looks delicious and is perfectly shaped for Valentine's Day. I hope you and Jackie had a lovely evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete