Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bacon Carbonara



Do you all remember yesterday's post...


Pasta and Asparagus with a Creamy Tomato Vodka Sauce.


It was part of my review of this month's FOOD NETWORK Magazine.  I just loved the idea of them listing 8 different pasta sauces, easy to compare the photos and the recipes.  Most I had read on restaurant menus, even tried a few, but really did not have a clear understanding of the differences.


Well, today's post is about sauce number 2... An egg based sauce that pairs well with meat.  they advised bacon, but of course chicken is the usual meat of choice.


But, everything goes better with baco, so i took tehir advice.


And my my my  it indeed was wonderful!


And just like yesterday, came together in minutes...


6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 TBS Olive Oil
4 cloves Garlic, smashed and minced
2 tsp Italian seasonings
1 jalapeno pepper sliced into slivers
1 Pablano Pepper sliced into slivers


Sautee all these ingredients together until the bacon begins to crisp.


Meanwhile, cook the pasta to al dente.


While that is cooking, whisk together...


3 eggs
1.2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
1/2 cup Pecorino cheese, freshly grated


Add the pasta with the bacon and peppers, mix well...


Add the egg and cheese... again mix well


Plate, add some parsley for color and more cheese for... well, just because I like cheese...


Here's some more photos...








Much as i like my Marinara sauce, I am certainly loving the Food Network theme.  Great to have these all in one place to ponder!


So... 


Buon appetito everyone!
...






like I said, I always enjoy the magazine... A great value for home cooks

10 comments:

  1. My kind of dish. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious Dave. My mom often used bacon in her spaghetti sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, carbonara is NOT carbonara without bacon. I love the jalapeno twist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't think life gets any better then pasta and bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually never thought to add jalapeno to carbonara - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ,

    I am in love with your blog. I run have a website about BBQ Grills and Recipes and I'd LOVE it if you can place my link on your Links section. Let me know what you think of it :)

    URL : http://www.outdoor-bbqgrills.com/
    Keyword: Outdoor BBQ Grills

    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks SO good! Mmmmmm...
    Can I come over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen peppers in carbonara but I totally like it. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely dish! And it looks absolutely delicious! Everything IS better with bacon and jalapenos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dave, great pasta and I love, love, love that bowl.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete