Tuesday, October 12, 2010

These Cookies are just PEACHY!



That ugly shriveled thing is a dried Peach...


BUT, Fair warning, don't blame me, you are going to want to cover your valuable computer to protect it from the drool inducing recipe to follow.  The cookie is INCREDIBLE!


But first, two bits of news...


Once again, second time in a week, and the second recipe from my "Luxury" wine country inspired 7 course dinner, I got this note from FoodBuzz...
Strawberry Panna Cotta - and an All Dressed up Chocolate Covered Strawberry made the Foodbuzz Top 9 today! The Foodbuzz Top 9 is a photo-driven collection of top-buzzed posts within the Foodbuzz community. Congratulations and thanks for being a part of Foodbuzz!

Check it out here: http://www.foodbuzz.com/top9 and be sure to let your friends know.
So, there you are, and now you know.

And remember, if it's printed on the internet, it MUST be true!



And the second bit of business, I have two good blog buddies left in the FoodBuzz Next Food Blog Star contest.  Out of over 1800 original contestants, there are only 100 left.  The competition is really steep.  If you haven't voted yet, take a look at ...


Joanne, from EATS WELL WITH OTHERS (Click HERE to see her contest entry)


And


Heather from Girlichef (Click HERE to see her entry)


This week, they are doing photo essays.  They both turned in wonderful instructive posts.  Anyone having trouble getting top quality photos would do well to take a look at their efforts.  These two are always among the best photographers on the blogs.  Don't break their hearts, as I am sure it would haunt them for a long time if they get bumped during one of their specialties.


OK... Back to the drool inducement...




And speaking of Girlichef, the inspiration for this cookie came straight from Heather.  She posted her ...
Chewy Oatmeal cookies with Apples, Pecans and Cinnamon Chips
Just a few days ago, and I LOVED it... Well, loved it enough to do a few changes, but loved it non the less.


Primarily, I added an extra 1/2 cup (and a little more) of oats to her recipe.  I am much older than her, and need the roughage.  Also, when I made the first few with her original proportions, They were just a bit too liquid.  There is a lot of butter in the recipe, and they just didn't hold their shape.  Tasted great, but they just were too thin and didn't hold their shape.


Other change, I made mine with peaches and peach butter instead of apples and apple butter.


And all I can say is WOW oh WOW oh WOW


Oh WOW oh WOW.


Really, WOW!


Here's what I did...


1 cup unsalted Butter, room temp.
3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/3 cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla

1 TBS Peach Butter
1 1/2 cup all purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 big pinches fine Sea Salt
3 cup rolled Oats
½ cup toasted Pecans, chopped
½ cup dried Peaches, chopped
1 cup Cinnamon Chips


  • Preheat oven to 350° F. 
  • Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and creamy. 
  • Beat in eggs, vanilla, and peach butter. 
  • Gradually beat in the flour and salt. 
  • Fold in the oats, pecans, apples, and cinnamon chips. 
  • Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a lined cookie sheet. 
  • Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden. 
  • Cool on tray for a minute or so, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.



Soft, chewy, buttery, but oh so much flavor.  The pecans, and the peach make these sing to me.


Thanks Heather, you're the best!




...

8 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh Dave... and I have all the ingredients too! Those would be great to take along on our trip. I always like to pack snacks for the hotel, like sturdy homemade cookies work great. By the way, we are going to NOLA next week. Hubby will be on business, I'll be on my own. New Orleans is on my "Bucket List". Can't wait!

    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're the other best ;) LOL!! Seriously, your version looks wonderful! I can almost taste the peach from here...drool, indeed. Thanks for the double-awesome shout-out and for all of your support...you totally rock. PLUS! Congratulations on being featured on the top 9---Sweet!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEGA congrats Dave! I love dried fruit and these cookies do NOT disappoint. Now, need to find a paper towel to slurp up that drool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to see a really different cookie recipe. I'm definitely giving these a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll make a batch of these for Thanksgiving. My house is full for the weekend, and these will look great in a cookie jar on the counter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow oh wow ... love them chewy cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This recipe is really simple. I just looking for some awesome recipe of cookie but their ingredients is not available sometimes in the grocery like the last blog that I read. It needs yogurt butter and I never know a thing called like that. Lol. Or maybe I am not really a baker. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. The ingredients are already ready here in my cooking area. I should better try this later on. Thanks for the recipe. My kids will surely be surprise when they got home.

    ReplyDelete