Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Knot" Rolls... Green Onion - Cilantro Knot Rolls






Pictures say it all... 
all but the recipes...


For the dough...


3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 TBS Sugar
2 tsp Yeast
1 tsp Salt
2 TBS Olive Oil
¼ cup Milk
1 cup lukewarm Water

  • Break out the Kitchenaid... combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast.  Mix well
  • Add the oil, milk and water... Mix well
  • Use the bread hook attachment and let the machine knead the dough for @ 8 minutes.
  • Transfer to a bowl, coat lightly with oil, cover and allow to rise for an hour, until the dough has doubled in size.
  • Divide into 16 equal sized pieces.
  • Form the pieces into knots... Roll each piece into a long rope (about a foot long) and tie into a simple knot, take the end lying underneath the knot and bring it over to the top and tuck it into the center and take the other end lying over the knot and tuck it underneath and into the center (don't worry, I have step by step photos at the bottom of this post).
  • Place each knot on a lined baking sheet.  Brush on a generous amount of the Green onion - Cilantro Sauce (recipe below).
  • Cover with a towel and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
  • Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 17 minutes.

-----------------------------------------


For the Green Onion Cilantro Sauce
(Remember this recipe from yesterday's


Sautéed Shrimp with Sweet Potato and Chili Grits
ala Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook
) ...



1 cup sliced Green Onions (white and green parts)
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Cilantro
1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1 TBS Dijon Mustard
Pinch Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup Canola Oil


Combine everything except the oil in a food processor and pulse until smooth.  With the motor running, add the oil slowly until emulsified.



-----------------------------------------


As promised... here's how to make a dough knot...
Divide the dough - roll into foot long piece
Make a granny knot - tuck one end under

tuck other end over - Pop on the lined cookie sheet
and top with the sauce





I just loved the look and taste of these little beauties.  The rolls are soft and chewy.  The sauce adds so many flavors to the finished product.  Just an a amazing roll.  ready for MY Thanksgiving table!


But, before then, I made little sloppy Joe sliders!


Come see my weekly guest post over at OUR KRAZY KITCHEN today for my recipe for a sloppy Joe...




..

11 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! - Great step-by-step photos on making those beautiful little knots, too.

    Cheers,
    ~ Cleo
    Coffeehouse Mystery.com
    Cleo Coyle on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth seriously dropped when I saw the first picture... and continued as I scrolled down. This looks absolutely amazing, and my reaction proves that I should follow my dream at owning a bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you save some for me??!! Those look delicious Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a fantastic blog with so many great recipes. These look yummy! I look forward to visiting many times. I am your newest follower. Bon Appetit! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some gorgeous knots! I love the sound of that green onion cilantro glaze...you know how much of a cilantro addict I am...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I am moving next door to you. What great looking food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg,these rolls look heavenly! You are becoming quite a master baker! Beautiful pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is something I can wrap my mind around. Fantastic looking, can't wait to eat me some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look so pretty and delicious! I love the glaze and those sandwiches.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alexis will like trying this one on her Egg. Thanks for posting the "how to knot" pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this is different! Looks fantastic and I'm sure it tastes incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete