Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cranberry Walnut Sauce on Sugar Cured Salmon - 52 Sauces and Rubs


I have a new dish that will become a MUST MAKE FAMILY TRADITION for any Holiday meal.  Forget home made Cranberry Sauce and even forget that slurp sound that comes from the can, this is the stuff!

If you have been following along for the last few days, You have seen posts for 3 things I made for a Big Whoop de Doo BBQ for a dozen of my close friends and family and visiting celebrity blogger Larry, the BIG DUDE of Big Dude's Eclectic Ramblings blog.

That;s Larry to the left.  He stopped by my backyard on his way around the country (over 4,000 miles on his RV in 2 months... with a wife, Sister-in-Law, Grand Daughter... and 4 DOGS!!!).  I have already posted a spectacular Brined, Injected, Whiskey Sauce Glazed Turkey,  A flavorful 30 Garlic Peppercorn Beef Roast, and I even made a fresh BBQ Sauce... In honor of Larry's Tennessee Roots I whipped up a jar of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey BBQ Sauce and Glaze!

So this post finishes my triumvirate of MEAT, Fish, Fowl and Hoof (but tomorrow I will add a Piggy pork ribs recipe for a FOURumvirate of MEAT!).

But, I am going to skip instructions on the Sugar/Salt Cured Salmon... WHICH IS MY NEW FAVORITE WAY TO MAKE A BIG SALMON FILET!  Skip the how-to's sinch I just last month posted a Hot Smoked Salmon with Dressed Up Mixed Green Salad with Hazelnuts.

Just double click the photo to the left or the blue letters and by the magic of the internet you will see plenty of HOW-TO Photos for indirect grilling/smoking (even how to do it on an inexpensive Weber kettle Grill).  The salmon comes out flakey tender and moist with a crust seasoned with sugar salt and peppercorns.  Please take a look and learn the hints, tricks and tips to make your own Sugar Cured Salmon...

It's worth the effort, BEST SALMON EVER

Especially when you add this EASY DELICIOUS Cranberry Sauce


OK... Here's what I did...


Cranberry - Walnut
Sauce


Ingredients
  • 2 Cans (14 OZ) Cranberry Sauce with Whole Cranberries
  • 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
  • 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
  • 1 TBS Lemon Juice
  • 1 TBS Dijon Mustard
  • Large pinch each Salt and Pepper
Cooking Directions
  1. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and stir to mix.
  2. Heat to low simmer, stirring occasionally.
  3. Continue to simmer to reach desired consistency. I simmered uncovered for about 20 minutes which made the sauce a thin jelly consistency.
  4. Serve as a side salad, or as a topping for Turkey, Salmon, Roast... Just about any meat. I also added a spoonful when I ate leftover mashed Potatoes...
    Talk about GOOD!!!
  5. Serve Warm and ENJOY!!!.

*************************************************************************

So,  I am pleased to list this as one of my Growing list of  "52 Grilling Time Secret Extras" or "52 Ways to Cook BBQ and Grilling Recipes"!!!

Well over 52 recipes actually as I just can't stop... Over 100 in one grilling season (I love to grill!). But not just leat... Drinks, Condiments (LOTS of different BBQ sauces), Drinks, Desserts... even specialty items like GRILLED Pizza, and fun shaped Watermelons.  Easy and these ideas will make you the MASTER of your Backyard Domain!

****************************PINTEREST**************************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment