Sunday, June 26, 2011

Foodbuzz 24X24 - a Day at the Farmer's Market


What a day!  


At the crack of dawn, I dragged a few friends to the City Market of Kansas City.


And you can tell from the title, The KC City Market is more affectionately known around our house as just the farmer's market.  This month, I was lucky enough to have a propossal accepted to be a part of the FOODBUZZ 24X24 promotion.  24 Dinner by 24 Bloggers in 24 Hours.


My proposal, my dinner, was to be a day of friends, shopping and cooking.  And oh my, did we ever shop (from wine, fresh bread, LOTS of fresh produce to organic beef... Even fresh flowers for the table)...  









So, sit back.  I will be doing multiple posts today to cover the 3 snacks we made, 3 side dishes, a vegetarian main course and an amazing Sirloin tri-tip... Here's a preview...



Tomato Poppers...


Thick cut Potato Chips with a Sheep's Milk Cheese spread...


Fresh Peach Jam with bread...


Oh my, a meal in itself Picnic Pasta Salad...


A Pizza in a Pepper...




A Sheep's milk Cherry tomato Salad on  a stick.



My Vegetarian dish, a Swiss Char Potato Hash...



And we ended the meal with a grill Sirloin Tri-Tip, covered with an amazing Cherry Salsa!

So keep reading, I made individual posts for all these recipes.  Lots to say about the day we had!



And you will find all these recipes on eRecipecards.com!


Photobucket

...

1 comment:

  1. Our farmers market is having a lot more variety this year. I was very pleased with the selection this morning.

    My favorites from first glance of these previews would be the tri tip (of course, beef rules) and the pizza in a pepper.

    ReplyDelete