Monday, June 22, 2009

Chicken Fried Steak

OK, today was HOT...nearly 100 degrees, and extra humid. Grilling was out. So, I checked what was in the freezer and found some boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Actually, they were OMAHA STEAK brand, leftover from a sale buy.

I double checked a few ideas from RECIPEZAAR and decided to try my hand at Chicken fried chicken. Looking over what I had in my cabinets, I came up with this recipe...

4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup french fried onions
1 cup whole milk (actually, all I had was heavy cream, so I used it)
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1/4 cup essence of emeril spices
2 cups canola oil

I pounded the chicken to about 1/2 inch thick
combined the milk and eggs, and then marinated the chicken in the mixture while I boiled some potatoes for mashing and cooked a box of macaroni shells.
I took a large zipped bag, put the onions in the bag and crushed them. Then I added the flour and the spices. I put the chicken in the bag and shook until well coated.
I preheated the oil to a little above medium and added the chicken (only 2 fit at a time).
flip after 5 minutes, cook for another five minutes and they are set!

No comments:

Post a Comment