A new favorite grilling side dish... cooks in minutes (about the same time as it takes your meat to "Rest" before cutting and serving)... Beautiful colors that glow and brighten when cooked... Perfect for grilling as there are so few ingredients (except for Olive Oil, all of the ingredients are in the title)... And as to taste well - OH MY GOD is this FANTASTIC!
To the right you can see the only thing you need out of the ordinary... A frying pan with holes in it (commonly called a grill pan). The holes are small enough that the veggies do not fall through, yet big enough to all ow the char and grill flavors to get into the the flavor of the dish!
There is nothing like heated tomatoes. The term bursting with flavor is literal here as the tomatoes will split and ooze sweet juices to flavor the peas. Tomatoes have a natural sweetness that heating brings out and intensifies.
Unlike anything you can make on a stovetop! And perfect side dish to serve next to some whipped potatoes and delicious PINEAPPLE JERK Grilled Chicken Thighs (Come back tomorrow for that recipe).
Good enough for a brave husband to serve to his wife's friends and neighbors (see the last couple of posts for the story of my grilling dinner for the neighborhood book club)!
And come back tomorrow to see more of the now legendary neighborhood dinner!!!
Garlic Snow Peas, Cherry Tomatoes, Parmesan AND GARLIC
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Cloves Garlic, crushed and copped
- 1 Package (8 Oz.) Snow Peas, trim ends
- 1 Package (10 Oz.) Cherry Tomatoes, check to be sure stems are removed
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese For garnish
- In a small sauce pan, heat the Olive Oil over a low flame.
- Add the Garlic to the oil and slow heat for about 20 minutes to break the garlic oil into the olive oil. Be careful to not heat to high. Warm is enough
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes and snow peas and coat with the warm garlic oil. Stir to coat completely.
- Move out to the grill, spray the grill pan with non-stick spray and set the grill pan directly over the hottest part of the grill
- Add the Tomatoes/snow peas and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Just as the tomatoes start to split open, remove from heat and serve. This only take a few minutes, so watch carefully.
- Serve HOT and ENJOY!