Thursday, July 28, 2011

Once again... A change in my life

Have you all heard about eRecipeCards.com???

Just kidding, I am guessing all my regulars have at least visited... If not, read over the few posts that I have made in the last couple months since the website has come live.  Oh, and go over to eRecipeCards.com, register, post your top 100 recipes, make it a daily habit and scream on twitter, facebook, youtube and from out your front door that we exist.

Anyway, I have been having the time of my life!  It is now my job to look at @ 150 food blogs a day!  I always look at any submissions, as well as hunt around for potential new members.  Oddly enough, it's work, but work I love.

Promotion is now what I do (in addition to maintenance, editing, data entry and I take out the garbage and mow the lawn).  I will admit to being a bit (OK,  a LOT) lax in posting lately.  Well, that ends today.  I am returning back to posting daily...

Sort of.

But I will get to that in a second.  back to promotion.

It dawned on me that I have an amazing number of wonderful recipes being submitted daily.  Over a thousand in a month, and the numbers are growing every day.  I have a wonderful collection of recipes in my eRecipeBOX (a convenient storage spot for the recipes that I want to conveniently find again).  It's time I start showing the value of eRecipeCards.com.  Not just as a place to be seen, but also a place to search for recipes and to answer that age old question...

What's for Dinner???

So, here's the change...

I HAVE A NEW BLOG...

It's called "INSPIRED BY eRecipeCards.com"

It's located at http://erecipecards.blogspot.com/

And, it is just what it sounds like...  Everything I am going to post is going to be from recipes I saw on eRecipeCards.com.  More to the point, the recipes will be inspired by the recipes I see.  i rarely make a recipe exactly as I see it, and can not in clear conscience say I will.  In fact, I can pretty much promise that the things I post will be versions of the original recipes.  But that is what makes cooking fun and challenging.

Like this...



It's the first of many (I am going to make a daily commitment until the end of August at least).

I first saw this recipe 6 weeks ago.  It was an early submission to eRecipeCards.com.  I saved it in my ereciepBOX, knowing that I would give it a try.  It was a Mexican version of corn on the cob.  Obviously, I changed that, but I did stay true to the spirit of the recipe.

It also was submitted by one of my all time favorite people, Mary from ONE PERFECT BITE.  It was very fitting that I used one of her recipes as my first post.

Now, I will be back here occasionally.  An original recipe here and there, a recipe from someone that does not submit their recipes to eReciepCards.com (although honestly, just not enough time in the day to do my job and job to too many other blogs... but I whiningly digress...).  A pizza (yes, i plan on finishing the project).

So, take a jump over... let me know what you think.  Comments here, there, emails YearontheGrill@yahoo.com  anyway you like.

If you've been waiting to see if eRecipeCards.com would work... Come take a look.  IT WORKS GREAT.

But also, come over and see what me and Mary came up with...

5 comments:

  1. Love this idea Dave. You know I'll be a subscriber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new website and blog! The website is fabulous and I'm sure that the blog will be, too! I wish you all the best, cher! I'm sorry that I can't participate right now, due to the time constraints of working on my cookbook. But maybe after it's published. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out Dave. It is always appreciated. I hope you and Jackie have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I am running over to your new blog now Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious dish looks wonderful Dave

    ReplyDelete