Friday, December 17, 2010

Grandma's Sugar Cookies


Merry Christmas all!!!


These are Grandma's sugar cookie recipes.  Why mess with perfection.


Cream 1 cup Shortening
and 1 1/2 cup Sugar


Add 3 eggs
and 1 tsp Vanilla


In a separate bowl, sift 3 1/2 cups Flour
with 2 tsp Baking Powder
and 1 14 tsp Salt


Add to first mixture, Roll 1/4 inch thick
Cut into shapes and bake in 350 degree oven for @10-15 minutes (that's what the recipe card said.  I baked for 12 minutes).


I used an orange buttercream frosting

  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 tablespoon orange juice
  • 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel

Like I said... merry Christmas all!








...

8 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Christmas cookies are my favorite. So unique and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piping skills are excellent! I am making sugar cookies this weekend - even though I don't eat any, I love baking cookies!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these! Such lovely frosting decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a master baker now, between the bread and the cookies! Love your cookies and the decorating is fab! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well done! I remember decorating dozens of sugar Christmas cookies with my mother when I was young.... Must have burnt out on it because I've never done it myself.... I may have to rethink that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cookies are perfectly beautiful Dave. No need to mess with this good thing. Merry Christmas back to you!

    ReplyDelete