Thursday, December 30, 2010

Deviled Eggs - Protein

Well my friends, it has been a very odd month.  Jackie's been on a liquid diet and I lost my will to cook.  Well, that's a little dramatic, but honestly, when I have been under orders to make bland, mushy food, I did lose my will to blog.  But the worst is behind us and now we just need to proceed with getting back to normal.  Jackie's blood work came back showing low on proteins.  So, Deviled eggs are her snack.  Morning noon and night, she pops one or two to get her numbers higher.


Fortunately, Deviled Eggs are among my favorite things to make.





Now, let's make the deviled eggs.

I have a trick to make perfect hard boiled eggs... Not too soft, not too hard.  Put eggs in a pot, cover with water about an inch above the eggs.  Now, put on high heat until the water reaches a rapid boil (only about 3 minutes).  Remove from the heat, cover and wait 10 minutes...

DONE!

And from there, just make deviled eggs.  Easiest recipe...

cut the eggs in half, remove the yolks.

add juice of 1/2 a lemon, mayonnaise and yellow mustard to taste (I do a 2 to 1 mayo over mustard mix) until you reach a thick paste stage.

Fill the eggs.  If you want to get pretty, use your piping bags like you would to decorate a cupcake.

I also like to sprinkle a little bit of "Not Your Grandmother's Herbs de Provence" spice mix and you are done...





...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE deviled eggs! I always bring them to parties too! Its an awesome protein food too. I hope Jackie if feeling better.
    Rainey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Jackie is getting back to feeling halfway human! Hope you guys have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete