Sunday, May 4, 2014

Summer Tomato Burger - GREAT BURGER READY IN MINUTES - 52 Beef Recipes


WOW... September already, where did the summer go???  But for me, September up until Thanksgiving is about my favorite time to BBQ.  Outside temperatures are still warm enough to be comfortable, but also not so hot that you (and your guests) are miserable.  So look forward to a lot of posts from my gas grill, dedicated smoker or my beloved Weber Kettle Grill in the next few months.

Long time readers may notice that I try to tell a culinary story with my posts with one post relating to another.  This particular meal was made the night before Labor Day.  In the next few days you will hear all about a BIG meal for my family and friends, 5 grilled dishes, dessert and 2 salads... As you can imagine, lots of advance prep work to do.  So the night before I was wanting something easy... but I also wanted a little soul inspiration to get my Karma ready for the big day...

Like this spectacular but amazingly simple Hamburger.  I used a lot of condiments that I had in the fridge; Pickled Onions, Pickles, Pineapple Slices and fresh made Hamburger Buns, but also the burger was something special.

Recently the very good folks at Red Gold sent me a few cans of their products along with a few recipe cards.  One of the cards was almost laughable in it's simplicity but the glowing write up on the card made this recipe sound really appealing.

Besides, I had all that prep work to do for my Labor Day.  I was after an appealing burger that was laughably easy...
The directions were simple...

Combine 1 can of Red Gold brand Chili Ready Diced Tomatoes with 1 pound of Ground Beef.

I drained the juice from the tomatoes before I mixed with the hamburger.

Form into patties.

Now, the patties will be loose.  So I was a little concerned about them falling apart on the grill.

So I liberally oiled my grill with Olive oil on a paper towel.  Normally I like to drizzle olive oil on my burger so I don;t need to bother with oiling the grate, but I didn't want to add anything that would make the patties even more loose.  Oiling the grate worked fine.

You do want to grill over direct high heat.  Allow the burger to get a good sear.  Do not move it around any.  The sear and char will help to hold the burger together when you are ready to flip.

Over high heat, I grilled the burgers for 5 minutes per side.  At the same time I grilled some corn that I had soaked in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.  That also gave me tome to prepare the corn which I will post about tomorrow (see, the story continues)...

That is a pretty spectacular looking burger, but honestly it is a pretty lazy effort.  As I said, the burger took all of 2 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook.

I have been blogging all summer about small batch canning and simple ways to add something special to your table.  This burger was a way to empty out the fridge with the little bits at the bottom of open jars...

I had already made and used several of a batch of Scratch Hamburger Buns (made mostly in a Bread Machine (see, I really do like lazy easy recipes)).

You can see a few of my very favorite Long Bread and Butter Pickle Slices... Again, simple and great to have around your fridge to brighten up the look and taste of a sandwich.

And speaking of bright, The Pickled Red Onions make the burger GLOW and taste amazing.

I had a few slices of Grilled Pineapple that I tossed on the grill at the very end just to warm up

And I even got to empty a jar of Sweet/Heat Bourbon BBQ sauce I had made several weeks earlier.

So I had a little row of opened jars for a condiment bar... However long it took to open a half dozen jars was how much time I spent on the condiments.

BUT, the star of the night was the SUMMER TOMATO BURGER with the mix of Chili Spices infused in the canned tomatoes, the flavor and texture of the chunks of tomatoes and the sugars that are released naturally when you grill tomatoes.  The burger was absolutely unique tasting a deliciously shined through even all those condiments.

I could not possibly recommend you hunting down and can of the Red Gold brand Chili Ready Diced Tomatoes and giving the burger a try... Certainly worth all that 10 minute effort (but then you don't need to tell your guests how easy it is to make this GREAT BURGER READY IN MINUTES... Let that be our secret!

And thanks for the freebies Red Gold... You have a customer for life!


*************************************************************************

So,  I am pleased to list this as one of my Growing list of  "52 Grilling Time Secret Extras" or "52 Ways to Cook BBQ and Grilling Recipes"!!!

Well over 52 recipes actually as I just can't stop... Over 100 in one grilling season (I love to grill!). But not just leat... Drinks, Condiments (LOTS of different BBQ sauces), Drinks, Desserts... even specialty items like GRILLED Pizza, and fun shaped Watermelons.  Easy and these ideas will make you the MASTER of your Backyard Domain!

****************************PINTEREST**************************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment