I've been showing all the recipes I made during a Smoking/grilling session... Some amazing Ribs with a Citrus/Honey/Garlic Glaze, A pot of absolutely KILLER Beans (Simmered in BEER) and just yesterday I made a pound of Smoked Sausage. All of those dishes were "Smoked" low and slow on a Weber grill. The last hour of cooking these can be done in the oven. This also frees up the grill to "Grill" a couple of side dishes...
Like this zucchini... Once again I am serving up some meat as a side dish. Makes you proud to be an American!
If you assign the zucchini base as a crust, this would qualify as a pizza Sauce, Cheese and Fixins'...
The topping is already cooked. So really all you are doing is making sure the zucchini is fully cooked and the cheese has melted enough to hold everything together. I like mine just a bit crisp, so 10 minutes was plenty... Personal taste, up to 15 minutes would work just fine.
Grilled Herb and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
- 2 Medium Zucchini, Split, scoop out seeds
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Smoked Sausage
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 2 TBS Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Pinch each Salt and Pepper
- Prepare your grill for Direct heat
- Brush the Zucchini with Olive Oil
- Combine all remaining ingredients
- Fill the cavity of each zucchini made from scooping out the seeds with the Sausage crumb mix
- Grill Skin side down over direct medium high heat for 15 minutes, until cheese has melted and the zucchini is soft.
- Serve Hot and ENJOY!
FANTASTIC! Meat filled side dishes are the way to go! And come back tomorrow to see the grilled Cornbread I made to top off the meal (sorry, no meat in this side).