Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Single Serve BBQ Meatloaf Muffins (Just BBQ flavored, baked in an oven)



Just another comfort day around the house.  Meatloaf, some veggies and a slice of Eng Bread Garlic Toast.


So, another simple post...


1 pound Ground beef
1 pound ground bulk Sausage
1 cup bread crumbs
2 Eggs
1/2 onion diced
1 Poblano Pepper, diced with stems, seeds and inner membrane removed (I am boycotting Bell Peppers due to their outrageous price increase this year, Poblano have just as much flavor, and are half the price)
2 TBS Brown Sugar
2 TBS Raspberry Chipotle BBQ sauce


1/4 cup Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce for the top


Mix everything together, reserve the 1/4 cup of sauce to top the loaf.  Once everything is mixed, I cook these up in individual muffin tins for single servings.  The leftovers can easily be warmed up for lunches.


Bake in pre heated 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, until the internal temperature of the muffins reaches 160 degrees.




...

7 comments:

  1. Simple comforting meals can be soul satisfying. Yours is proof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I could go for that right about now. Sounds so good. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Dave - this recipe reminds me of something good friends of my parents used to serve when we visited back when I was a kid. The raspberry might be a little different, but it sure seems familiar. I can't wait to give this a go! Thanks. This will definitely be comfort food for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll make these the next time I make meatloaf - it would help with the portion control, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually had the most INTENSE craving for meatloaf yesterday which is weird because...I never crave meat. Dave to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made meatloaf yesterday! Meat = comfort =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've switched to using poblanos more this year too, but because of their flavor more than price. Our green bells have been reasonable MOST of the time. They did spike once or twice.

    ReplyDelete