Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baked Sweet Potato Fries



Here's a quickie today... Another special request from my wife (her nutritionist actually).


Baked sweet potato Fries


2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into thin strips
drizzle of Olive Oil
sprinkle of Sodom and Gomorrah, my salt substitute spice blend of  equal parts salt, garlic flakes and black & white sesame seeds


Lay the potato strips out flat on parchment paper, drizzle and sprinkle the oil and spices.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, to desired doneness, crispness.


And that's it... Very tasty, nutritious and low calorie.


I paired it with a few fresh Roma tomato slices, a quarter pound ground turkey burger with grilled onions on a home made partially whole wheat hamburger bun.


Like I said, nutritious and low calorie


And it all tasted delicious as well!


...

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite way to eat sweet potatoes! So simple. So delicious.

    ReplyDelete