Friday, October 2, 2009

A Plea for Help - New Orleans WILL Fuzz my Mind Part 2

This is the second of three posts I am going to do today. Not trying to take up your time, but I think I have something entertaining coming up, but wanted to honor a new follower in my earlier posting, and update my request for help from last week...

My trip to New Orleans is coming up in just 2 and a half weeks. Leaving on the 18th, and after 5 fun filled days and 4 painfully hangover inducing nights, I won't be able to post for almost a full week. In part one of my... Plea for Help - New Orleans WILL Fuzz my Mind which you can find by clicking HERE, I asked if any of you were interested in being guest bloggers for me so that I could continue to entertain without actually doing anything; while I am too hungover to spell, and too bloated from eating Emeril and K-Paul's food to concentrate.

I was able to bully 3 blogging buddies, CRAZY ASIAN GAL has volunteered an incredible project that I am really looking forward to, GIRLICHEF volunteered to help (don't know what yet, but she is terrific, so I am confident, and a former New Orleans native, SMOKY MOUNTAIN CAFE has agreed to give me a bit of travel advice on the city. I will publish her write up on the same day I will visit said suggested place, and then come back a week later and blog my impressions... Bloggers helping other bloggers... I LOVE IT! I am very excited about the interactive features of these guest bloggers, and I am sure you will find them a refreshing change of pace from my incredible run on sentences as well as my poor proofreading abilities when i frequently miss capitalizing "i" even though i know I should catch those little errors to make my site more readable. Quality writing on this site will be refreshing.

BUT, I still have 2 spots left if there are any new buddies that can think of something... The rules are pretty simple for guest blogging...
  • It is to be a one time publishing of your original material. I will continue to host the link, but I will not reprint, nor authorize anyone to reprint, nor sell your writing. You retain the right to reprint the material after it is first published on my site
  • Email me your idea or make a comment on this post and I will get in contact with you about the details.
  • I do retain right to edit, but will send those edits off to you before I publish. You have the right to refuse those edits and withdraw the material from publication if I butcher it.
  • I will write an introduction, which i will send to you in advance for approval.
  • Everything needs to be emailed to me on or before October 14th so that I can get all these ducks in order. Email the copy, and any photos as attachments. Be sure to mark where you want the photos to be placed in your final product.
What's in it for you you might ask? Well, I could tell you that you would be reaching a whole new audience, and that lots of new folks would be following the links i would plaster all over the posting (true), but truth is, the answer is not much. I blog cause I have fun, and I challenge myself. If you blog for fun, and view these experiences a new challenges that improve your life... Guest blogging is for you. Helping for the sake of helping is a very good thing for your karma.

That's about it, if you have an idea, let me know...I came up with a few, which you can find by clicking HERE and scrolling towards the bottom. I would certainly welcome more.

I love the idea of guest bloggers, and am certainly open to returning the favor.

Little help...

Little help...

Little help...

Little help...



R, CAG and G... Good Talk

1 comment:

  1. Re. "R, CAG and G... Good Talk" - what did you mean by this?

    I'd love to help you out, but I am already too swamped trying to keep up my own food site and switch my WC blog over to WordPress. I'm supposed to be contributing to Yes, We Cook, too, but have never posted there. I hate to disappoint you, but I don't think I'm terribly reliable right now.

    ReplyDelete