Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Soup Recipe... I don't need no Stinkin Recipe


It's November... Cold, blustery... nasty.

None of the charm of a winter day, none of the hope of a spring day, none of the pleasures of a summer day and even though it is fall, November days have just a sad memory of the beauty of early fall.

So, let's make soup

All you need is Chicken Stock

Store bought or make your own (I love my rotisserie chicken, makes enough stock to get the chicken FREE)!

Cut up some vegetables...

Carrots and celery are always around my pantry.

Saute some onions in butter... just to get them soft and an easy way to add a bit of butter fat to the soup.

 Toss in some spices.  Of course I had me some of my "Not Your Grandmother's Herbes de Provence", but savory or spicy (at the end I added 1 tsp of "Big Easy in a Jar", my Cajun Mix just to add a tiny kick).

And add whatever meat leftovers you have.  Night before last, I made some Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken.  I had 4 thighs left.  I tossed them in whole.  Once they simmered for an hour, the meat was easy to strip from the bone and shred...


Cause that's how easy it is to make soup.

Season to taste (this was the point I added just a single tsp of Cajun spices)

Maybe add a diced up Poblano Pepper for color and that nasty cloudy cold November day becomes tolerable.



7 comments:

  1. Now this is my kind of recipe! I often toss and dump...only since blogging have I measured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have soup every Sunday, and this is exactly how I make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful. Don't forget that November brings with it the promise of holidays and family. Each season has its charm and deserves it due. If I close my eyes I can smell turkey cooking in a kitchen already perfumed with apples and spice and I think that's kind of nice. Have a good day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous. I haven't made soup for ages but I love the type where you just throw all the leftovers in with a few vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter DEFINITELY calls for soup! That looks heart-warming delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! It's been chilly here, too, and I've been thinking about soup. Time to bring out the soup pot! Thanks, Dave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's already in march now but i really love soup
    specially in morning hiih. i'll try tihs it looks good. have fun.

    ReplyDelete