Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Garlic Basil Pea Puree for Two For Tuesday



Do you all remember yesterday's post Pan Seared RIB EYE STEAK with a Cognac Pan Sauce?  Remember that pretty color combination of the medium rare steak and the bright green... Well, bright green baby food looking stuff under it.


Well, surprise, it is about the tastiest adult baby food you could imagine.


I was inspired do try this by Alex (or maybe Ed) from last week's TOP CHEF episode.  For those that are not playing along with the idea of voting cooks out of the kitchen, there is a good probability that either the producers are wrongfully accusing one of the chefs of stealing another chef's finished dish and passing it off as his own.  Or, one of the chef's is a thief.  If the editors are doing it, it is criminal.  If the chef did it... it makes for great TV!  For the details, click HERE.  Course, Alex (the possible thief) earlier in the season, when asked what he would do if he won a cash prize during a non-elimination challenge responded that he would "buy a hooker and an 8-ball".


I thought it was unfair that he would go for the sympathy vote by implying that he would rescue a wayward girl by teaching her billiards if he won.  But, at least it was a strategy.


But I digress...


The judges implied that the pea puree was the greatest thing since sliced bread (you would think they would have more diverse palates, but I digress again...)


So, I did a little research, and OH MY gOD, does this dish ever have all the ingredients I love.  Who has been hiding this dish all these years?  No wonder it was stolen.


Here's what I did...


1 cup fresh Peas
5 leaves of Basil
4 Garlic Cloves
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

  • Combine Basil and Garlic in a mini chopper and mince away
  • Add Cheese and Peas and use the Puree setting (duh)
  • transfer the goo to a sauce pan and heat over medium fire
  • add Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Serve warm
  • Or skip all of the above and steal something from your neighbor for dinner
  • ... win $20,000
Sounds easy and it was.  But more importantly, incredibly tasty!  This is the best pea recipe I have ever eaten (and I do love my peas!)!

Here's some photos to give you a better idea of how easy...







Come back tomorrow and I'll brag about the best garlic mashed/buttermilk SMASHED POTATOES!




I am linking this to the 2-4-2sDay roundup... "Two for Tuesday" (Click HERE), the only instructions were to post about "real Food".  If the ladies will forgive me for the post, I do think this all qualifies as real food!
...

11 comments:

  1. Well, I have to admit it does sound tasty. I love peas all on their very own, so why not dress them up abit. Thanks for the recipe Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I am of the opinion that Alex stole the pea puree. But I really just don't like Alex.

    The pea puree was apparently amazing though. And yours looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just so happen to have garlic scapes, tons of basil, and a good imagination of how this would taste. All I need are the peas and some good parmesan. This looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe. My husband had pea puree in a restaurant recently and I ended up sharing it it was so good! (I'm not sure how happy he was about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah...I'm all for some adult baby food if it tastes as good as it sounds, Dave!! LOL...you always come up with something fabulous! Thanks so much for always sharing with Two for Tuesdays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I've never tried putting cheese in my pea puree, but with basil in there it makes perfect sense. Thank you for linking up with Two for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave! this is soooo cool! I also add in a few handfuls of pea leaves to make pea pesto a bit less sweet and it actually tastes a bit more Pea-y if you know what i mean! Thanks so much for sharing this on the two for tuesday recipe blog hop! Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never made.served.seen pea puree but you know I will be soon - maybe my kids will think it is guacamole and taste it! Great 24T's post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love peas and I love this idea of pea puree! I will be making this not only for the adults but also for my baby too! It just sounds too good to not share with him ;) Thanks for adding this to Two for Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, that is just twisted enough for me to want to try it. I know my kids won't touch it but Alexis and I will.

    ReplyDelete