Look at the little picture to the right...
Remember these from yesterday??? My spinach mushroom pecan Parmesan Pinwheels (Click HERE for the recipe). If you read the post, you remember that I used a homemade dough to make the pinwheel, and I was very happy with the results. I did ponder whether you could get similar results with commercially available crescent rolls. Now, look above and you get the answer... you can!
I am eating one for breakfast as I type this, and they are terrific. The rich buttery taste of the crescent rolls adds an extra taste to the recipe. I like the look of the pinwheel, but this takes a total of maybe 15 minutes to prep and another 15 minutes in the oven. Well worth it. Again, if you are interested, click HERE for the recipe.
Today is an exciting day for me... I was spotlighted on TWO of my favorite blogs! The first is an idea I wish I had thought of... Lea Ann from the Mangos Chili & Z Blog has a series she calls "JUST GRILLED", where she features a foodie blog author every few weeks. She sends us a list of questions, and the post follows. So, if you want to know more of my blog story and what makes me tick, click HERE to find Just Grilled, My Year On The Grill!
And next, I received an email notifying me that I had won the "the Bald-Faced Liar Award". Now, my first reaction was that my ex-wife had somehow created an award and had tracked me down. Instead I was thrilled to learn that the 6 talented writers who collaboratively host The MYSTERY LOVERS' KITCHEN have awarded me Lesa Holstein's "CREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD"!
I think this award is GENIUS!
Here are Lesa's rules...
1.Thank the person who gave this to you.
2.Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3.Link to the person who nominated you.
4.Tell us up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5.Allow your readers to guess which one or more are true.
5.Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6.Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7.Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
1) Thank you to Avery Aames, Jenn McKinlay, Cleo Coyle, Krista Davis, Julie Hyzy, Elizabeth Spann Craig... Individually known as talented mystery writers, and collectively as THE MYSTERY LOVER's KITCHEN!
4)... OK, here we go... Only one is true, the rest are mostly not true...
- My brother is a fundamentalist minister that believes that Jim Bakker got a raw deal from the media.
- My brother was just this year, fired from his position with his church. I feel a little guilty for telling him (in my best Edward G. Robinson impression), "Where's your God now Moses" when I heard.... That is one of my favorite quotes from Cecil B. DeMille's, "Ten Commandments", and would be funnier if you had seen the movie.
- My brother died in Vietnam
- I wear a goatee because my face was cut in a fight with my brother
- I was once an ace reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper (OK, truth is that I was a contributing writer for the Peoria Journal Star, Peoria, Illinois's finest daily rag).
- I have an ex-wife who i never ever talk to. But, my ex-mother-in-law and I email often, at least once a week.
- My ex-wife is a practicing Wicken. So when I use the phrase, "colder than a witches tit", I actually know how cold they can be.
5B) Here are my 7 nominees...
- Joanne from EATS WELL WITH OTHERS
- Donna from MY TASTY TREASURES
- Cathy from ACCOUNTANTS CAN COOK
- Lea Ann from Mangos Chili & Z
- Mags from The Other Side of Fifty
- SugarPlumFairy at Vanillastrawberryspringfields
- I am sorry, I don't know your name, but I love... FOODYCAT
7) Will do later today, Jackie is in the mood for me to do a part of my Honey-do list...
To the nominees, please have fun with this. I selected you because I enjoy READING your blogs, as much as for your food recipes. But, if you decide not to participate, that is fine, just be honored that you were thought of.
Or, I just went through my email comment section and yours were the last 7 comments... Maybe I should add one of the last two sentences to my list of "Creative Writing" bald faced lies.